Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Tennessee Trip Day V

So I noticed something about the titles of my blog posts.
First two days:
Tennessee Trip Day One
Tennessee Trip Day Two

Second two days:
Tennessee Trip Day 3
Tennessee Trip Day 4

So I've decided to use roman numerals this time.
Maybe morse code next.
Something to make it look like it was on purpose.
I am a crazy OCD child.

Today I woke up kind of late, laid in bed, when my mom came back from Walmart I was still in bed.
I finally got up, did some exercise, ate some Special K. Then I laid in bed some more.

My mom went over to my grandparent's house.
That MF (mother f-er), Cody, was going to be in town today, so I made a point of staying away from the house.
While he wasn't going to be there, my grandmother told us he wasn't going to be in town period, so I can't trust her.

My Uncle Ricky talked to Cody and told him that we hate him, and he better stay away from us.
But Cody tried to add me on myspace before, so I know that MF will try to say something to me.
"Apologize."

My grandmother, Lala, told me that I need to just "get over it" and that I'll have to be in the room with him at some point.
I told her sure, but he better not talk to me.
I'll do one of three things.
I'll walk away from him without saying anything, and I'll tell my brothers that they need to have a "talk" with him.
I'll walk over to my Uncle Ricky and tell him that the MF talked to me.
My Uncle Ricky has a temper on him, so he will not take that lightly.
Or, I'll go tell my mom.

My mom does NOT suffer fools. She will set him straight.

I may not have told you all the story of Cody, but I guess since I have plenty of internet access and plenty of time, I'll go into it now.
If you are easily upset, you may skip this portion of the post.

-START SKIP HERE-

When I was eight years old, my grandparents, uncle Pat (who died this year, RIP), and my cousins Brittany and Cody came to visit.
Cody took me in the backyard and put his hand down my pants, and he exposed himself to me and made me touch him.
He also took me in a back room and made me look at a site called "sex.com".
I remember sitting in that room wanting just wanting to leave, terrified.

The next day, he locked me in a room and told me if I told anyone what he did to me, he would kill me.
I screamed and cried and begged for him to let me out, but he refused until I agreed I wouldn't tell.
My mom finally came in and made him let me out, and I ran down the hallway and told Brittany what he did.
But she didn't tell anyone.

He spent the rest of the visit asking me to show him my privates, and would not stop asking me to. I drew a picture for him, because I knew that showing him my actual privates was wrong.
But of course the sick bastard wanted to see the real thing.
He never did. I was smart enough not to do that.

I never told my mom any of this until a few years later.
At that point she told my grandmother, who did nothing about it.
We found out later that he had molested other girls too.
So he can apologize all he wants, but he obviously has a sickness and he isn't sorry.

My grandmother thinks of Cody as a golden boy, because he is the only guy that can pass on the family name.
Everyone in the family hates him, but my Grandparents won't hear about it.
She tells me I need to "get over it".
She always talks about how handsome he is, and I told my mom that if he tries to talk to me, he won't be so handsome anymore.
I'll be rearranging his face.
-END SKIP HERE-
My skin has gotten better. I still have the red pocks, but now they're flat enough for me to cover okay with makeup.
My grandmother keeps telling me that I need to put on 10 p
ounds, and that I'm way too thin.
I take that as a compliment.

My nephews Sean, Joey, and Michael are driving in and will be at the hotel tomorrow.
My brother Doug and his wife Angie, along with their kids Daisy, Fisher, Catcher, and Wren will be here tomorrow as well.
My other brother Thom, Sean and them's dad, will be in town on Friday with his wife.
Saturday is the big party, and since it's going to be 40s themed, I'm going to a vintage store in town tomorrow to try and find a nice 40s dress.

Wish me luck!

After the party we're spreading Pat's ashed up on a hill in my grandparent's backyard.
They're going to throw a party and drink and some will probably smoke
"grass".
My Uncle was a druggie (which is what killed him), so he always wanted to party.
So that's how the family will celebrate him. The way he wanted to be celebrated. With lynrd skynrd and booze.

Also, Sarah is holding a giveaway over at her blogs.
She's giving away these really cool Terra Luna Candles...
Go check them out!
Their variety of scents look amazing!
And because the candles are made out of soy, they burn cleaner and last longer!

16 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Lee, why haven't charges been pressed?

If you came into my center, and told me this, I would be legally obligated to report. He should be in jail.

Wendyburd1 said...

Do your siblings know yet that this scumbag is there?!! If I were your sister I would beat the crap out of him and i am not even joking! And I am get that they are your grandparents, but they have no freaking right to tell you to get over it!! PLEASE do not let them pressure you to be anywhere in his vicinity!! You are supposed to be able to enjoy time with family, not be scared!!!I am so pissed off now! I can't believe this!

Yaya said...

Yeah, it's not something you "get over", EVER. My family told me the same thing.

Sarah said...

Thanks Lee! I really hope this visit goes as smoothly as possible. Just the fact that he will BE there is bullshit. Sometimes people and their reactions to this sort of abuse KILL ME! The deranged thinking that people have is beyond belief. Thank God you have supporters there for you, that's one positive note about this whole mess right?

Bobby G said...

Your grandma is senile & fuckin nuts, (no offense) but how can she be so blind. 40's chick are the hottest chicks ever, so make sure you curl your hair & take pics!

Jillene said...

That is NOT something that you just "get over". What the hell is wrong with these people?! And I agree with Kristina--why no charges? That bastard should be rotting in jail for what he has done!!

I hope that you find a rockin'
40's dress!!

TeeTee said...

I am so, so sorry! That is not something that anyone "gets over."

I love your shirt!

Sheri said...

Your grandma is crazy to think of him as a golden child. He should seriously be locked up. So sickening. I'm so sorry you had to go through all that, nobody should ever have had to go through that. It is amazing you haven't killed him or beaten the shit out of him yourself or had others do it. It would be really hard for me not to have done that...

C L A i R E...♥ said...

Thats amazing? Is there any chance you can make me one?

Erin said...

I hope you are doing what you need to in order to take care of yourself. I'm glad no one is trying to "make" you go to their house.

I hope at least the party is fun for you!

Drew said...

If I had the chance, I would take a baseball bat to that asshole's manhood. Repeatedly.

Don't you be smoking grass though missy! I hope you have fun at the party.

Grand Pooba said...

I have a grandma just.like.that.

Sara said...

Ugh. People. I hope you're okay now. You can't just get over stuff like that. He SHOULD be locked up.

Please check out my blog?

-Sara
the-poet-girl.blogspot.com

Jessica♥ said...

That happened to my old friend Deanna. They were at the YMCA and this kid pushed her into the corner of the gym and held her there. then he pulled down her pants. she told the teachers and everything but they didn't do anything for her. I was pissed at them and that kid. He only did it to her though. Nobody else.

Liz said...

So sorry that happened to you! I can understand why you don't want to be anywhere near him.

My Grandmothers are the same way. The worse of a person you are the more they build you up on a pedastal. I have always had a hard time with their mentality.

Izzy said...

Wow just wow thats all that I can eve say about that subject ummm onto the other stuff

I hope the party rocks take some pics and I hope everything goes well ^_^

we miss you back in the 702 area code come back please T_T

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...