Sunday, July 11, 2010

Catching Up

It's been a while since I've posted here.

I just lost the buzz to blog. Lost my motivation. Lost the initiative. It was less about expressing my feelings, and more about popularity.

But I have missed you all. So, I've decided to check in. Let you all know about the huge changes in my life.
I'll start with school. On May 18, 2010, I graduated from college.I now have my Associate's Degree in Journalism, with an emphasis on media studies.

I was accepted into Northern Arizona University, and will be attending for one semester this Fall. I'm currently living up in Flagstaff, but have made the choice to move back to Las Vegas after this Fall to attend UNLV instead.

Flagstaff is beautiful, but I've realized now that I've left Vegas just how precious it was to me.

I've dated a few guys since the last time I blogged. The infamous "Drew" and I broke up back in February, and I never looked back at it. It was the final step in removing myself from that situation.

I then dated a guy named Kyle. It was a short relationship, and it didn't end particularly well.

I also dated a guy named Matt, who I had gone to church camp with a few years prior. That didn't end particularly well, either.

I don't regret those relationships, though. They steered me in my current direction, to the person I feel I was meant to be with. And yes, that sounds cliche. I know.

This is Andrew:I can't explain it. But it's just so simple when I'm with him. We've never fought about anything, we've never gotten on each other's nerves. We talk to each other 24/7. We make each other happy. And it's not just some teeny-bopper romance.

I wish I could explain further, but for now, for the sake of privacy, I won't. But I can tell you it's very serious, and that I'm looking forward to the future.

We met through my friend Cassie.

Andrew and Cassie are in a band together. He's the guitarist and she's the singer. They're both very talented, to the point that it's almost intimidating just singing along with the radio around them.

It's fun, having the two people you care about most playing in a band together. Makes it easy to spend time with both of them.

I've also been spending more time with Shelby lately. I'm glad I'm moving back to Vegas in December, since we've become a lot closer.Oh, and I've also lost a lot of weight. I now weigh 103 pounds.Just adding to the whole appearance thing, I also now have hair as red as FIRE.But this is my life, so far. Things have changed drastically, and my future seems set in a direction that I never would have imagined.

As of today, July 11, I am an 18-year-old. An 18-year-old college graduate, that celebrated at a strip club and Denny's at 3 AM.

I regret nothing.

Everything in my life has been hectic and complicated, but I have someone to count on that makes me happy. I have my education. I have my family. And I am blessed in so many ways.

My skin's even managed to clear up so much more than it used to be.That was this morning, sans actual base makeup. Huzzah.

I've missed all of you, and I hope this at least gives you some insight into what my life has become and is still becoming to this day.

To round this off, I'm going old-school. I'm doing what I used to do after every post. A picture of me, right this second.

16 comments:

Sultan said...

Congratulations on getting your AA. Good luck on your next step.

Me (aka Danielle) said...

Congrats on the Graduation, and ALL the big changes!

And SHizammm! Look at the ring!

Me (aka Danielle) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristina P. said...

Wow, look at how happy you look! Love the hair. And apparently, you are engaged! Awesome.

Lorena said...

You look happy! that's great!
Congratulations and welcome Back!

Unknown said...

aww... i'm so happy for you!
i love your hair color, it's so pretty!

i hope you are having a wonderful summer (:

Wendyburd1 said...

Lee Marie, you look so happy and relaxed! Congrats on getting your diploma! And your guy is a cutie and I am so glad you and Shelbie reconnected! We have missed you, you are such a ray of sunshine!!

Erin said...

Congratulations on graduating! And the last picture with you innocently looking into the camera with the ring is so cute. Good luck with everything!

Amander said...

I was thinking about you the other day - glad you posted an update! Sounds like things are going well for you - and congrats on the engagement! (At least I'm assuming that's what the ring is about :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on graduating college! And welcome back to bloggy land! :)

Grand Pooba said...

WHAT!!! What is that huge shiny thing on your finger????

Oh my God! IF that's what I think it is I am so excited! Andrew is HOT!!

And so are you, perfect!

Seriously, look how skinny you are!

Sheri, RN said...

So glad you stopped by to let us know how awesome you are doing! :) I'm really happy for everything going on in your life! You are fabulous and don't ever forget it. :) Don't think of blogging as a popularity thing and come back for good. :)

Tim said...

So great to hear from you and know that things are going so well. My thought and prayers that it continues forever.

Stay strong in all that you do!

Love and Prayers,

Tim

Angela said...

hey Lee...I haven't roamed blogland in a while and I'm a little late reading this post. Congrats on your grad! You look great with the red hair :) Are you engaged? Your FB says you are...but to Drew. Just wondering.

I've also been going thru major life changes ... I can relate to the lack of blog posts. I remember when you started blogging...I encouraged you to give it a try. You are a great writer!

Brandi. said...

Hey! I'm back at blogging, so have just gotten around to reading this! I am so happy to hear that things are going well in your world. And I hope that they still are. I will be heading to Vegas next July for Discovery Toys convention. I know it's a long ways away, but I hope we can meet up!

Miss hearing from you and hope you come back to bloggy land (at least once in awhile) soon!

Alicia (aka "Yaya") said...

miss you girly!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...