Thursday, September 3, 2009

Two More Days - I Can Almost Taste It.

The convention is so close I can almost taste it.
I'm really excited. I modified my costume, cut some things off of it.
I think it looks a lot better now. Less frumpy.

I'm really excited about the costumes, but I'm SUPER excited about buying different japanese treats.
Ever heard of Ramune?It's a japanese soft drink. From what I know, it always comes in a glass bottle.
The way the bottle is shaped is special. There's a little glass marble at the top of the bottle. When you go to open it, you press the marble down. The neck of the bottle catches it.
It's really neat actually. I have a bottle from last year. I'm hoping to try a few different flavors since I'll be there for a few days.

What about Pocky?Pretty much, it's cracker sticks with different kind of flavoring at the top. It's really popular in Japan, and extremely popular in America within the Japan-loving groups.

They'll also be selling a bunch of different candies and treats.The last time I went, I wasn't prepared. I didn't bring enough money, and I didn't plan ahead well enough. Now that I've planned... I'm gonna have some fun.

Not only do they have treats like this, they also sell different noodles and foods. Not a lot, since they prefer you spend your money at the snack bar (American food, boring). But I remember having to get someone to buy me a bowl with instant noodles.
But they were good, not like the instant noodles we have here.

So yeah, as I said... I can almost taste it.

And hey, what's the big idea? 78 followers? I mean sure... it's an even number. But that's not what I had in mind! Whyioughta...Hey, it may look funny, but it's drying up my acne.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want some japanese candy!!
Oh great, let's hope you didn't put me on a sugar parade! I can't go eating candy and cake and ice cream. I'm trying to lose weight not gain it! grrr.

=]

Anonymous said...

You're gonna have so much fun!


Can't wait to see your modified costume!

Sheri, RN said...

Ohhh you are going to have sooo much fun! Those treats and candies look awesome. I bet they are going to have even better stuff this year. Can't wait to see the pics from it!

Unknown said...

I am getting excited just sitting here!

I can't wait to see your costume!

Kristina P. said...

That drink looks awesome.

We used to have Japanese exchange students live with us, all the time in high school, and believe me, we were never excited about their candy. Not very good. Now, bring on the Swiss exchange students!

Anonymous said...

Pocky = love!

What kind of face mask are you using? I'm all broken out right now. :(

Anonymous said...

I hope you guys have lots of fun and find all the treats!

Brandi. said...

Those sound yummy. I love "collecting" foods from different countries.

Have fun!

Me (aka Danielle) said...

I've had pocky..they are yummy! Those drinks look cool!

Sarah said...

LOVE Pocky! I like the coconut ones, which are hit or miss at the Tsai Grocery store near my house...

Wendyburd1 said...

They have all that stuff, drins and candy at Japan in Epcot in Florida, but as it is IN Japanese I can't read what kind of candy it is so I chicken out. Maybe when we go in the spring I will be brave and buy a bunch to try out.

Grand Pooba said...

Oh my god you didn't tell me there was going to be all that candy there!

I wanna go!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun! I'd be in heaven with all of that candy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...