Monday, March 2, 2009

Red is Drop-Dead

So today I feel a bit more coherent than yesterday.
My post will have more substance than "OH GOD I THINK I'M DYING MY FACE IS ON FIRE JESUS CHRIST I CAN'T BREATH *wheeze wheeze wheeze*"
Although that's the basics of how my day went yesterday.
I spent the majority of my day in bed either A) Sleeping B) Playing Left 4 Dead with a raspy voice and very, very short attention span C) Crying in pain D) Crying because I couldn't find the t.v. remote

Yes, I did cry because I couldn't find the remote. But let it be known that I was exhausted and in pain and so I was just fed up with the situation and I DID NOT WANT TO WATCH THE REAL HOUSEWIVES OF NEW YORK CITY, OKAY?

I don't know what it was. I had a serious fever that was cooking me from the inside, but then I would turn on the fan and become frozen and have my joints lock up and ache whenever I moved. I couldn't win.
Woke up today having a nice, awful fever. But I knew I had to go to school.
Sure, I had two tests. But I had a lunch with Danny to attend to!
Of course that jerk-nuts almost ruined it.
"What time did you say to meet you?"
"12:30."
"Oh. I have work at 1."
"I am going to beat the crap out of you."
"Anything earlier?"
"I'll skip sociology."

I had a valid excuse. I really was too sick to sit through that class. I had a horrible fever and needed to get out in the fresh air, and that's what I did.
Oh, but I did call my mom to tell her I was skipping. And visited the teacher to let her know I was sick, and to pick up my sociology project.
My score was 38/40.
Yay! Procrastination works!

Anyway, back to today. I went to lunch dressed like this:You guys told me to wear red. So hell yes, I wore red. I went out and bought all that red. Those shoes? 30 bucks. But worth it. Painted my toes. Wore the red lipstick. I was just goin' for it.
We went to lunch, talked about life. Joked a lot. It felt like old times.
I was trying to eat mozarella sticks and the cheese kept stretching. I yelled, "I CAN'T CUT THE CHEESE!" And then I realized what I said. He was already laughing at me.
We laughed about how much we've matured since we last saw eachother. Back then we were "Danny and Lee." Now he goes by his full name, and I go by my official name. So we're "Daniel and Jerri." Sound all grown up and professional.

As for my tests today, I think I did solid B's. And considering I pulled that with the flu, I think that's quite the feat. The kicker? I told my teachers after the class that I had the flu, and they said I should've just told them and they would've let me make it up.
Bollocks. That would've saved me a lot of feverish disorientation while trying to understand Spanish that I've never learned before.

Oh, and I went to Denny's TWICE today.
I went once with Danny. And once with Danny the 2nd and KC.
Danny the 2nd is the Daniel we all know and love from my spanish class.
Man, that felt awkward. The waitress was like, you're back!
I bet she thought I was some friend-tramp. Taking all my hos to the same joint.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Geez....for having a fever you look pretty dang hot!

Sheri, RN said...

Red Hot indeed! Glad ya went with all the red, it looks great on ya and those shoes are very sexy! Where'd you get them?

Oh, go ahead and edit my pic if you want, just show me what you do with it lol. :)

Tim said...

I would say you picked a winner.

Love and Prayers,

Tim

Kristina P. said...

You looked hot! Glad it went well!

Sandy said...

Smockin'!

Seeker said...

doesn't matter what we think....did HE appreciate it?? That is the question...and you must have exuded confidence....and that makes it fantastic

Erin said...

I love how you say procrastination works. I'll have to try that...someday. :)

And yes, you looked hot!

Daphine said...

Well for someone who wasn't feeling very well, you sure looked nice in all your red.

Take care of yourself and get over this flu thing....alrighty?

Just SO said...

I'm glad the lunch went well. You rocked the red!

Wendyburd1 said...

You looked amazing!! And so could not tel you were so sick!! Jerri??!

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you had a nice lunch. Sorry you felt so rotten. Hope you are feeling better soon!

Jillene said...

Stupid fever!! I hope that you feel better soon!!

And WOW--Lee is HOT in red!! You looked AMAZING!!

Sisyphus said...

I would cry if I were forced to watch reality tv also.

Nice shoes.

Angela said...

I wish I looked that good on my sick days. Can I borrow your top? lol

Cant Hardly Wait said...

You're too pretty girl. And I love your shoes!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...