Thursday, February 5, 2009

OH GOD IT BURNS

Since I have nothing to write about, I thought I'd give you a video of a cat that hates being touched.
I'll probably have stuff to write about tomorrow, but literally all I've done today is lay in bed.



I love how when she finally touches him, he FREAKS OUT.
So laugh, enjoy. I know that I sure did.

Actually I think I'll try to write something of substance. Somehow.

I've been told I'm self-absorbed. That actually really hurt me. Yeah, sometimes when I'm stressed I go to my friends in hopes that they'll help me.
I help them when they need it. It's always a two-way relationship.
So why is it they then decide to turn around and insult me like that?

I spent 6 hours looking for something for a friend of mine. It had to be perfect for the person they were giving it to. Just perfect.
Did I have to do that? No. I mean, what do I get from it? A thank you.
So seriously, people need to check themselves and realize that sometimes saying something like that can really change a relationship.

Sometimes people say things without even thinking about the repercussions. They just say what comes to mind, and don't think about the lasting effects of it.
I still remember the first time Drew called me a bitch. And that was a long time ago. But it stuck.
I'll remember the first person to call me self-absorbed.
I'll probably remember the last. Because they're going to be the first one killed on my murderous rampage.
I kid, I kid.
Or do I?

Anyway, if you take anything from this post, just realize that sometimes saying something will stick forever, and it will most likely come back to haunt you later on.
And since apparently I've become known for this, here's a pic of me right now.
I look like I have a disease. Woooo.

8 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I believe there is a statistic that says that it takes like 10 times the amount of positive things to be said to someone to erase just one negative thing.

Don't let them get to you!

Grand Pooba said...

Ok, now I know to never mess with you! But I wouldn't anyway cuz I got no beef! I love ya!

Anonymous said...

My cat is just like that.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, a simple 'thank you' goes a LONG way with me...but not many ppl even have than in their vocabulary these days.

You're coming to an age where you'll realize not all your friends are "friends". Actually this happens all through life, but the first realization of it comes in later teens, and since you're more mature than most your age you're hitting it early.

Hccm said...

Name callers suck!

Hugs and Mocha,
Stesha

Anonymous said...

That poor kitty baby! I always wonder when I see a cat act that way if it was abused at some point. Very sad!

I totally agree with what Yaya says about friends. As I have gotten older I have realized that there has been a lot I just won't put up with anymore. Lee, you are not a doormat. It's nice of you to do nice things but if the person you are doing it for is ungrateful or even insulting you then you need to move on. There are others out there that would enjoy your friendship and treat you with respect.

Wendyburd1 said...

I read an article in Readers Digest about a woman who vowed to say hello to everyone she saw for a month, and it was amazing the positive effect it had on her in most ways.

So a hurtful remark just once...and you remember it, even if the person thought they were being helpful, it can hurt another.

Tim said...

That is so true. You reap what you sow I always say.

Tim

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...