Friday, November 28, 2008

And that's what I get for using a laptop

So I'm extremely tired. Can't figure out why, since it's 1:30 and I just woke up.
But I decided to check on my blog. I used my mom's comp, and what did I find?
My freaking layout isn't big enough. Instead of what I usually see, I see a big block at the bottom that isn't filled in.
Lovely.
Either I fix it, or my lazy self just leaves it until I design a new one.

Now, I have a question.
Why is it that guys don't seem to understand that texting is a two person ordeal?
My ex doesn't seem to realize that.
Since we're still close, we talk a lot. But... well, no I talk a lot. He makes me sit around waiting for his text messages to come through.
This, my friends, is EXTREMELY annoying. I'd be better off sending him a message through snail-mail at the rate he replies.
Ah, speak of the devil. His birthday present just arrived in the mail. Now I have leverage. Oh leverage, how I love thee.
See, I've never liked threatening people. But when they treat me like a pile of shoes, I threaten. I threaten until my threats become violent.
Now, as you all know.. chicks are sensitive. That's the way of life. So you shouldn't mess with a sensitive person when they're still nursing wounds. Especially when they're holding your birthday present hostage.
It's great that I can be friends with him, but not so great when it feels like he's taking advantage of it and taking his SWEET SWEET time to answer my messages.

My point is this. If you are going to start a text messaging conversation, you need to ...
Hahaha, my leverage totally worked. Estimated time until message arrival before threat: 30 Minutes to 1 hour
Estimated time until message arrival after threat: 2 minutes
Women are geniuses and men need to figure that out.
Anyway, if you're going to start a text message conversation, follow through and conversate (yeah, you heard me. conversate.)

NOW, for those of you doing online christmas shopping for your kids, I bring you:
http://www.thinkgeek.com/geek-kids/

When I was a kid, I would've wanted stuff from there. You should check it out. Now that I'm older, I'm getting stuff from the older sections. Why? Because I'll always be a geek at heart.

Anyway, I'll post pics of my Thanksgiving later. Right now I need to revel in my victory over the antitext-messager.

5 comments:

Me (aka Danielle) said...

I never noticed the big block..maybe my desktop screen isn't big enough.

Angela said...

I've never noticed anything wrong with your layout.

And so true...guys respond quickly when there is something in it for them.

Kristina P. said...

I agree with the previous comments. I never noticed anything wrong with the layout.

Anonymous said...

Your layout looks fine to me too!

So when is he coming to get his gift?

Wendyburd1 said...

smart cookie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...