Monday, November 10, 2008

These are a few of my favorite things - Updated...

I thought for tonight to keep my mind off of recent stress, I'd write out a list of my favorite things, along with my reason for them being my favorite. It's not as easy as it sounds when you really start working on it!

My Favorite...
Color - Purple... it can portray so many different emotions. Dark purple, sadness. Light purple, cheeriness (especially during easter!)

Sound - Gentle wind chimes. It's a really calming sound, especially when I'm stressed out, which seems to be a lot of the time. Sometimes I just sit in my backyard when the wind is blowing and listen to the chimes and clear my mind. I'm DYING for one of these personal indoor wind chime fountains.


Word - I have a few actually. Any word that sounds funny, usually they are something like Jello. Jam... apparently things with that sort of consistency. There are some words that just flow off of the tongue, and those are my favorite type of word. If you have to second-guess yourself saying it, it's no fun!

Movie - Well, right now my favorite movie is... Across the Universe or A Cinderella Story (yeah, yeah, yeah. it's my feel-good movie. so sue me.) But I'm pretty sure in about 10 days it will be Twilight. I already pre-ordered my tickets! Joy!
Television Show - This is a very, very tough one. For one thing, there's a lot of crap on television. Weeding through it all to find something worthwhile can be a very tedious task. As I said a couple posts back, I love Pushing Daisies, but it comes on at the same time as America's Next Top Model. I'm so addicted to that show, if I miss it I freak out. I couldn't care less about the model drama, but I love the photo-shoots and the final pictures. So I'd have to say it's a toss-up between Project Runway, America's Next Top Model, and Pushing Daisies (which may be canceled soon, no!!!)

Video Game - Hmm... I haven't been playing video games as much lately. Probably because my wii gets the most use when my boyfriend comes over. He loves playing Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed with me. Don't get me wrong, I play by myself, but I go through phases. Now is my internet phase, eventually I gradually move back into console games. So for now I'd have to say Super Smash Bros., since I know how much he loves playing it with me, which makes me love it.

Flower - I've always said lillies, but to be honest I don't care what flower someone hands me, just as long as it's a flower. But apparently scientists have discovered a way to genetically breed blue roses... so maybe if I get a bouquet of those one day, I'll have a new permanent favorite. (Note to boyfriend: If you read this, I WANT FLOWERS)
I kid. I kid.
Bird - The European Bee-Eater. Why? I hate bees. Kidding. Well, kind of kidding. I do hate bees, but when I read about the European Bee-Eater in National Geographic, I was intrigued. They're beautiful creatures, and if you saw the images in the magazine you'd understand why I love them. Sadly they continue to be killed off by bee-keepers that find them as a nuisance, but not everyone can find the beauty in them that I do.
Place to spend my day - Haha, depends on the day to be honest. Usually on days that I'm at school I love to be over at walmart/gamestop. We just chill out over there and it's a lot of fun. Being with my friends or my boyfriend, no matter where it is, is probably my favorite alltime place. Unless we're in a dungeon about to die. Then it would end up being "God I wish I was at Gamestop right now."

Place to vacation - I don't vacation that often. Usually we end up going to Tennessee where we can see all of our family. I love being around my family. They're so quirky and southern and just crazy. That reminds me, I should do a family tree soon. To be honest if I told you about my family without including a tree, you'd go "What!? THAT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE! INCEST INCEST!!!!" No, there's no incest. Titles are just flip-flopped and it's crazy. Hmm... flip-flops. I love the beach, oh I just remembered my favorite place to vacation. I go to church camp every summer. Get to spend a week with my friends in the wilderness, beautiful cabins and beautiful scenery.
Song - Death Cab For Cutie - I Will Follow You Into The Dark. I love that song, it's a soft song and it has a very deep meaning to it. Basically no matter where you end up in the afterlife, I will be there with you. Even if it is a dark void.

Book - TWILIGHT. I won't bore you with this. I love Twilight. I love Edward... I have a brilliant idea. Create an Edward workshop for us to send our boyfriends/husbands to. Skip the creepy stalky stuff, keep the cordial, loving, devoted goodness. Now for a book that is non-twilight related, I enjoyed The Lovely Bones, and there are a few others. I'll save them for book of the week though. Don't want to spoil it. (:

Clothing Brand/Store - Forget brands. I wear what fits. Right now I'm wearing hand-me-downs from my elderly neighbor and I don't care. They're warm and it's cold outside. And I just realized I'm wearing two pairs of sweatpants. Seriously, it's cold.
Hobby - Crocheting. I crocheted a scarf for my boyfriend. I wish I hadn't given it to him. IT'S COLD AND I WANT TO WEAR IT. Doesn't it look good though? I'd never made a scarf before. It's so long too. I walked around for like a week wearing it just because it felt so warm. If you couldn't tell, I like warmth.

Food - Depends on the day and what I'm in the mood for. I love orange chicken with sweet and sour pork and half chow mein/half fried rice. When I'm at a fast food restaurant, a burger always hits the spot. And at Olive Garden? RAVIOLI DE PORTEBELLO. Try it. You'll LOVE IT. Only if you like mushrooms, though. When I'm at home a good sandwich always satisfies me.

Emoticon - My favorite face to use while I'm on MSN or texting has to be either D: or :]/:[

Memory - My favorite memory... well there's a few. The day my boyfriend asked me out, the day I finished my first bowl of soup all by myself, a lot of memories from church camp. It's so hard to really single out one favorite memory. I like a lot of the memories from when I worked at a preschool for two years. They all called me "Ms. Lee". It was cute when one Christmas a little girl got me a present, when usually only the teachers got them. It really made me feel important. It was a jewelry box, and it holds all of my nice jewelry on top of my desk.

What else do I love? Well I can list a few things that don't conform to the whole "list" variety. The feeling that you have when you've woken up earlier in the morning and you're just drifting back to sleep and your bed is already warm and snug. The feeling of a kiss on your forehead when you have a fever just because. The smell of the ocean on a rainy day. The way my skin looks when it's actually clear for a change (to give you a hint, I have cystic acne and now scarring, so it'll be a long while before it is clear). The random text message from someone just to let you know they were thinking of you. The sudden rush of emotion you feel when you're having an argument and then, instead of fighting, the other person apologizes and tells you they were wrong. The feeling after a long day of wearing makeup, right after you take it off and just let your skin breathe. And the cool side of a pillow on a hot summer's night.

I hope you guys enjoyed my list, and maybe remembered a few of your favorite things in the process.

Just a quick note, while this is a list of my favorite things, I know that some people's favorite things are free stuff. So you can head on over to Wendy's Blog for a chance at an awesome watch set. Cool Wendy!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a great post! Thanks for sharing.

I got one question though... aren't you in Nevada? How can you be cold in Nevada? Educate me, I've never been west of the Blue Ridge Mountains! Here it's 30 degress and I am sure I will have an inch of ice on my windshield when it't time to leave work. Yuck!

Wendyburd1 said...

Painshop? How...what brushes did you use in Paintshop to make this, it is GORGEOUS!!

Wendyburd1 said...

I LOVE windchimes, SO soothing!!

Anonymous said...

I am going to make a list of all of the games you and others are recommending. I am looking forward to getting to know my wii better.

40 is pretty chilly, I agree! I would be wrapped up like an eskimo. Even though I have lived in NC my whole; I am still not use to the cold weather.

Wendyburd1 said...

Thanks Lee!!

P.S. Sorry I am such a PAIN, but only the first 35 custom brushes will show up...what do I have to do to get ALL the MANY I downloaded from that site? And also, when you make a background, how big do you make the "new page"?

Wendyburd1 said...

Never mind, I was all excited but they don't worker for PSP 7 apparently and I don't think a download will do any good. :(
Got all crafty feelin too!!Dang!

Kristina P. said...

I love ANTM and Project Runway too! Great picks.

rychelle said...

are you sure you're in vegas?!?

i think the weather is just lovely right now....

Karen, author of "My Funy Dad, Harry" said...

I liked this post. It was fun learning more about you. We used to have some beautiful windchimes that we got for a wedding present. The wind finally destroyed them and we never got anymore because since we took down our porch awning, we don't have anyplace to hang them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...