Sunday, November 9, 2008

Mud Masks and Manic Thoughts

So today is Sunday. I used to go to church on Sunday, but ever since everyone turned on me over there (long story, I'll tell you later), I've spent Sundays sitting around doing absolutely nothing.
What do I look like on a typical Sunday? I'll show you.Yep, that's me today wearing my favorite mud mask. Like any typical teenager, I have acne. So I do everything I can to at least manage it until I get old enough to grow out of this phase.
I was planning on sitting here and working on my final paper, but my mom decided to tell me I need to take a break from schoolwork so that I don't run myself ragged.

I figure instead of working on my paper, I'll just let you guys in on it. I'm writing a paper comparing the plays Medea and Phaedra. Woo, sounds like fun right? Two plays about crazy women that let passion rule their thoughts. Sounds like an episode of Desperate Housewives to me.
Speaking of which, does anyone watch that show? Sadly, I can't stop watching it. (For those of you that watch... I HATE SUSAN. Seriously. Her predicaments aren't even funny. I don't feel bad for her. She has no common sense!!!) Another one of my favorite shows is Pushing Daisies.
Pushing Daisies has to be one of my favorite shows on television. It's so quirky, the sets are adorable. I mean sure, there's the occasional somewhat gory dead person being brought back to life, but it's all in good fun. Where else on television can you see a dead person talking and not get completely freaked out? Well, okay, Joan Rivers on the red carpet doesn't really count...
Wow I got off track there. But you guys don't want to hear about my paper, I pretty much explained everything anyway. It's a comparison paper, huzzah, let's move on.

Sundays are my day to kick back and relax, eat leftover chinese food, and watch re-run episodes of 3rd Rock from the Sun. That show is such a gem. Really, what could be better on a Sunday? If the weather weren't so crazy (hot, cold, hot, cold... YOU AREN'T A KATY PERRY SONG WEATHER.) I'd be outside doing something in order to free my mind of the confin... haha. Yeah right, I'd still be sitting here on the computer.

Today is my day to relax, eat, edit pictures, and just chill out and clear my mind. Hopefully someday soon you guys will take a day to relax, too.

10 comments:

Me (aka Danielle) said...

Sundays are good nap days at my hosue. It makes for extra tired Mondays, but its all so enjoyable while it lasts. Love the mud mask!

Kristina P. said...

I actually just woke up from a nap. I've had a headache for the past two days.

One of my girlfriends loves Pushind Daisies. I've been watching Season 2 od The Office today. Yay!

Anonymous said...

I am not able to go to church on Sundays either. My work week starts on Sundays. I don't watch any those shows, sorry. I watch forensic type shows and crime dramas.

Love the mud mask. I remember those days!

rychelle said...

i'm afraid i never grew out of the acne phase. =(

i ordered season one of pushing dasies on netflix.

Kristina P. said...

Ummmmm, apparently I can't spell today.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info on the Wii. I will definitely check that game out. Let me know if there any others that are good! I didn't realize Pushing Daisies was about that. You've got me curious now. I'll go check it out!

Angela said...

Pushing Daisies is my favorite show!! LOVE IT!!

I do watch Desperate Housewives as well...too funny!

I usually go to church on Sunday...sometimes twice if I'm involved with the music...but today I stayed home. Am not feeling well and needed a day to do pretty much nothing.

Angela said...

oh snap...I forgot to comment on your photo. very cool girl! I do a mask every now and then...cleans out the pores and makes the face so smooth. :)

Wendyburd1 said...

LOVE DEsp. Housewives AND Pushing Daisies, Susan let the one guy who could STAND her get away...stupid woman! I LOVE Bree, she is just so funny!
I'd love to hear more about the paper, never heard of these plays.

Have a good Monday too, if that is possible with SCHOOL, LOL!

Wendyburd1 said...

I watch a trillion shows, so name it and I will tell ya if I am an addict. Watching Smallville and Supernatural right now...Supernatural is paused though...have to have ALL my concentration on Jensen Ackles...HOT!!:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...