Friday, November 14, 2008

Weight Loss... totally not worth it.

Alrighty, so recently I've been on a bit of a fitness binge. I got up to weighing 142 at one point, and it really annoyed me. Plus I had absolutely no stamina. I could run for 10 seconds and then I was completely winded.
So I started running on the treadmill. And I ran and I ran until finally I lost 12 pounds. Wee!
But now my mom has decided it is time for us to go on a diet. It's called "The Flat Belly Diet" or something like that.Let me tell you, if it's anything like the hell I went through when she was on the Atkins Diet, I would rather eat a shoe. In fact I'm pretty sure that everything in the first month of Atkins tasted like a shoe. Mashed potatoes? Haha, you wish! You get creamed cauliflower. Hamburger? Sure. Take off the bread.

Yeah, that made me want to cry.

Well this new diet doesn't sound any better. They make you use bread that taste like cardboard, you have to drink "Sassy Water" with every meal... yes, Sassy Water.
8. 5 CUPS WATER
1 TSP/ GRATED GINGER
1 MED. CUCUMBER
1 MEDIUM LEMON
12 SPEARMINT LEAVES

COMBINE EVERYTHING AND LET IT STAND IN FRIDGE OVERNIGHT. DRINK ALL WATER THROUGHOUT NEXT DAY

I can't stand ginger, so that's just not for me.
To be honest I think they best way to stay healthy is exercising, not following some fad diet. But what do I know? Maybe I can drop some water weight on this diet. If not, I'm going to eat the book. That's how hungry I am.

So with that in mind, let's blatantly change the subject for funsies.
Most teenagers have rooms that are covered in bright neon colors. But I personally think (if not for my posters) that many adults would love my room and happily live in it.
The pictures aren't that great, but I think it gets the point across. The only reason those two stuffed animals are on my bed is because the white dog is from my childhood, and the bear is from my boyfriend.
What do you guys think of my room? :)

10 comments:

Cant Hardly Wait said...

I love your room!

When I was a teenager I had a crazy room. At one point my walls were orange and green.

nooneanymore said...

Fad diets are really bad for you in the end, especially if you get off of them D; They're only good for quick weight loss

I love that giant butterfly above the bed 8D

rychelle said...

i don't like anything in my water, but ice.

Whitney R said...

Good for you loosing 12 pounds! Fad diets aren't the best. Do your research on them! I've weighed 144 pounds. That's my high. Freshman 20 :) Story to come someday.

I like your room!

Jillene said...

That diet sounds HORRIBLY disgusting!!

Your room is really cute!!

Me (aka Danielle) said...

Diet Scmiet! You are beautiful! Besides, I came out of my mothers womb weighing more than 142 lbs. I am all for being healthy, but the numbers on the scale mean NOTHING!

Anonymous said...

I would really be careful with fad diets. They can actually be very unhealthy. You room is very nice.

Chillygator said...

That room is very sweet! I love it. I just finished painting over my green and purple walls and getting rid of the furniture I've had since I was 6. Sad to not have that top bunk for storage any more (o:

Angela said...

I love your room. The butterfly above your bed is so awesome!

I'm against fad diets. I'm more into lifestyle changes. I did the macrobiotic way of life for a while...lost 30 pounds in 3 months...was amazing...but most people would never eat that sort of food. I liked it...I'm just too lazy to keep cooking like that every day. I would keep at it if I had my own macrobiotic chef...but that will never happen...lol!

Wendyburd1 said...

Okay your room is TOO neat for 16!! And you do NOT need a diet!! And Sassy water? Gross!!

I couldn't even do Weight Watchers point system diet, one meal and no points left, even if I was trying to be good!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...