Saturday, November 22, 2008

Twilight - Spoiler and Valley Girl Free

Alright, so here's my real Twilight post.
My opinion is this: The movie is the movie, the books are the books. If you expect the movie to be exactly like the book, you'll be sorely unhappy with the movie.
With that in mind, it did follow the book in a great fashion. People had been complaining that they hadn't allowed the story to develop the relationship between Bella and Edward, but I completely think that's untrue. Infact, there was a lot of time for the story to develop in the beginning. It even dragged in certain spots.
I think that the beginning was great, and the end was like this:
Ooookay, so we got the relationship all... oh sh*t we only have thirty minutes left. QUICK, THROW IN THE BALLET SCENE.
It all went rushing by in the end to the point that I can't even remember what happened. I remember the beginning, I remember the sparkling in the sunlight, but the end just blurs on by.
When I went into it, I didn't expect Kristen Stewart to be a good Bella, but she actually did a good job. People had been complaining that she never smiled, but she did smile. Quite a few times. And her voice wasn't as deep as I expected, which was refreshing.
Me and Shelby both decided that one side of Robert Pattinson's face is smaller than the other.Not like it bothers me that much. He's too scruffy and ew when he does interviews. But when he's Edward, I could just... I could eat him up.

Me and Shelby both decided that Jasper looked... uncomfortable the whole time. But not in a "baaaah I'ma eatchoo" sort of way. Shelby and I did our own impression of him.That's Jasper. Except in the baseball scene. That's when he really looked comfortable. Thank god for that. Because of that we were able to come out and say "Jasper was pretty hot."
And so was Emmet, in a big bear sort of way. I wanted to squeeze him.

I took pictures of the theatre when I was there. This was when there was 15 minutes left for the room to fill, so you can imagine what it was like.
And there were still rows in front of us that were filled up. All in all it was an exciting night, and I'm pretty sure they'll make new moon at this point.
Let's do the math, shall we?
30 Million to make the movie.
Estimated 150 Million in earnings for the movie.
150 - 30 = 120 Million.
Summit made 120 Million dollars.
If they were to use the 30 Million budget again for New moon, they'd have left-overs.
So... Twilight = Good Investment for Summit. Hurraaaay.

edit:
I just re-figured out my dislike for Rob's face.
I use brad pitt as comparison because he is universally thought of as sexy.
Edit edit:
HOLY CRAP ON A MONKEY'S UNCLE, THEY'VE ANNOUNCED NEW MOON.
*squuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuueals*

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad that you enjoyed the movie.

Jillene said...

I am seeing it tonight. I am going with LOW expectations so that if I hate it, I will be prepared but if I like it it will be a big surprise!!

Kristina P. said...

Oh, Rob, Rob, Rob. I think he needs to take a shower more often.

Laurin Pearce said...

The movie was good. I wasn't completely impressed but it wasn't because of the book. I knew that it wouldn't be exactly like the book. I however did not like the girl that they cast as Belle. I imagined her to be more logical and expressive. I did however enjoy the movie and will go see the next in theaters, you bet! Jasper was pretty good looking and Alice was very cute!

Hope you have a great Sunday!

Angela said...

I have not read the books so I went to the movie with no expectations whatsoever. I was impressed. On a shallow note: It was nice to watch a movie with so many beautiful people in it. sigh

Me (aka Danielle) said...

I am anxious to see the movie, but I don't have any anticipation of it happening BEFORE it comes out on DVD! I'm not a Rob fan, maybe after I see the movie...until then, not happening.

Jennifer Louise said...

Bah, so nervous and damn excited to see this movie.

Lorie said...

I think Rob is cute, but I agree with Kristina. He might need some hygiene lessons in real life!

Wendyburd1 said...

sequel SEQUEL. YAYYYYYYYY!!! I was so excited when I read that on Meyers website, they decided that ONE day after the movie's release!! YEAH!!

HEY! I LOVE Rob, he just likes to rake his fingers through his hair, so does my sister Kat!! Shhhhoooosshhhhhh haters!!

Jasper looks so much better with his natural hair color. And Jacob I finally recognize with short hair (shark boy and lava girl hello!) and he will be a better Jacob if he cuts his hair, looks more muy attractive, but NO Edward!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...