Thursday, November 20, 2008

Quick Skin Fix? Anyone?

My skin is messed up again. Pleasant. I've got a few tiny pimples on my chin, and one big one under my eye. I've got Twilight tomorrow, and I was bragging to my friend about my skin getting better, and now it's like... messed up.
Anyone have any idea how i can fix this?
Now, this isn't something i would usually do. But I'll show you guys what I'm up against.I will be the first to admit that I've seen worse. But it's horrendously painful, and extremely embaressing to constantly wear layers of pancake makeup. So, if you have some kind of home remedy for the pain/coloring/size I would really appreciate it.
It may not work, but I'm willing to try anything. Teenagers get acne, that's true, but usually they get a few pimples. I got a whole mine-field on my face!

Other than that, my day was uneventful. Oh, except at Pick Up Stix. My friend Zach was taught a lesson by the manager. :D
He got a "water cup" for a drink, which is free. And you can only get water.
Except he got orange soda. (if you wanted to do that, get sprite you idiot.)
So the manager came over to give me my food, saw Zach's drink, and goes "That's a water cup." and grabs it, and pours the drink out and doesn't give him his cup back.
And Zach's sitting there complaining about how that wasn't fair, and I'm like dude, you stole from them. So it was completely fair. And hilarious that he took your cup. So, don't steal sodas.
But I got the house chicken, and it rocked. :)

Help my skin!! Ahhh!

10 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I had horrible acne when I was your age, and I still break out occasionally. Have you tried Proactiv? I love it. It totally worked for me.

a boy a girl and a pug said...

okay girl i've got a link for you. i totally feel your pain...i'm in my 20's and still suffered from acne. i've tried it all arbonne, proactiv and spent way more money then i wanted to but then i acutally came across this site from someone's blog who swore by it and it's made a huge difference.
http://www.theoilcleansingmethod.com/

thanks for your link too on my blog...great site!

Me (aka Danielle) said...

Okay, I don't have a quick fix...but I have a for sure long term fix.

Check out this post:

http://aneaglesview.blogspot.com/2008/06/im-dsnw-whats-your-skin-type.html

This book changed my life. I got it from the library, it took me about 30 minutes to read through the important stuff, take the test and then find a solution. The book is written by a doctor, and not someone trying to push product.

There is even a section where she lists exactly what to use and when, and she gives you price ranges to choose from based on your budget. I was able to find what is best for me for under $25 and it took about 3 days for me to see results. I get the occasional stress break-out, but they aren't nearly as bad or last nearly as long. Try it, I SWEAR by this book!

Me (aka Danielle) said...

Wow! That's the longest comment I've left since I flogged Super-Dell! Go ME!

Anonymous said...

Acne is such a horrible thing. I don't really have a quick fix. My hubby suffers from adult acne and he uses proactiv. It works for him. What works for some doesn't always work for others though. I hope you find something that works for you.

Thanks for recommending John Sanford. You are actually the second person that has suggested that I read his books. I will get one from the library on my next trip.

Angela said...

Proactiv worked for me a few years ago. I still use the lotion on the odd zit I get now and then.

Wendyburd1 said...

I know hot facecloths bring them to the surface. I know toothpaste CAN help, I have done it and looked like an idiot walking around the house. My sister Sam has this gel from Clinique which I steal sometimes and it works pretty good. If I can stop myself from picking...I am so bad with that.

Nikki said...

Acne sucks. I still get spots and I'm 30! Anyway, I'm addicted to the whole Clean & Clear line, and I especially love their PersaGel 10 cream. I rub it in, then add a lot on top so it looks nice and cakey and sleep in it. That helps. There's also washing your face with soap mixed with baking soda or sugar to exfoliate, or if you're up for it, an egg yolk face mask.
As for makeup, don't do the pancake-y thing, it just brings attention to them - I've started using mineral makeup and I LOVE it! It's a thick powder, so you can use a lot to cover problem areas without looking like you're using a lot. Revlon is a bit pricey, but definitely works for me!
That's all I got - good luck!

Jillene said...

Try ice to take it down. A lot of people like Proactiv but it didn't work for me.

Cant Hardly Wait said...

Alright, this is just a quick fix until you can get to a dermatologist, or have thousands to spend on creams and oils.

This is an anti-septic/mouth was, so after you use it, moisturize very well. Dr. Tichenors (Sp?) It'll clear them bad boys up in a hurry. Just make sure you moisturize afterwards. It isn't all that good for your skin, but for now it should do.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...