Tuesday, November 11, 2008

New Semester, New things that I really don't need to learn

So the school year is winding down, which means I need to choose my classes for the spring semester. Apparently I already took all of the English classes that I need for my associate's, so now I'm stuck with the classes that make me want to cry.
Here's my current schedule:
Math
World Literature
Communications
Rock and Roll History

Besides math, I love my classes.
Here's what my next semester looks like:
Math
Environmental Sciences
Spanish
United States History

All crap that has nothing to do with English, and I hate that. Especially Spanish. I never really wanted to learn Spanish, and now that I have to it's extremely irritating. But to get my degree I have no real choice. I'm hoping to become and English major at UNLV.

My reasoning for becoming an English major is pretty simple. My mother is a screen writer, and worked on stuff like Fantasy Island and Dukes of Hazzard, and my dad works for the Las Vegas Sun as the entertainment writer.
Being surrounded by writing my whole life kind of inspired me to write, but since both of my parents are writers, that makes me an... editor! I prefer editing to writing. I love correcting mistakes in my papers and in other papers. But since newspapers are becoming less and less popular (THANKS FOR PUTTING MY DAD OUT OF A JOB), I'd have to go into online editing. I suppose it would be easier, but I always dreamed of working for a paper like my dad.

For the rest of my day I'm planning on laying around, texting my boyfriend (hopefully, *stress sigh*), watching re-runs of Dr. 90210, and wearing my face mask (yeah, yeah I'm addicted).

Before:After:Anyway, I'll be adding a new Song of the Week soon, and my offer is still open to make some layouts/graphics for people. I can even just edit your pics if you want. I have a lot of spare time on my hands, as made evident by all of these posts.

I think I'll work on a family tree tomorrow. Really, once I start explaining my family you will definitely scratch your head and go, what?

Just a reminder, check out Wendy's Blog for her 100th post watch giveaway!

Have a great day everyone. [:

3 comments:

Jillene said...

You are ADORABLE!! I love your mask!! It's AWESOME!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have quite a load ahead of you. I never took Spanish. I took French. Alot of good it does me.

That's great that you want to be a writer/editor. I am sure that your parents will be proud.

Wendyburd1 said...

What kind of math, if it's algebra, I LOVE it, I know I have been told I am sick,LOL.

You're mom is a screen writer, that is SO cool?!!! The old Fantasy Island or the one they took away abruptly? I liked both!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...