Friday, November 7, 2008

Chopsticks and Dumplings and School

So, I've gotten sick of eating nothing but fried food for lunch while I'm on campus. So yesterday me and my friends decided to go to Pick Up Stix. Sure, it's not the healthiest food on the planet, but it has some vegetables in it so it can pass as somewhat nutritious.
Sure enough we get there, order, sit down and wait for them to give us our food, and I spot some chopsticks over by the drink machine. Being the smarty that I am, I decide to grab some. But when I get back to the table I remember... I don't even know how to use chopsticks!
So I'm sitting there, using my chopsticks as drumsticks on the table so that I look as nonchalant as possible, and eventually I have to confess that I have no idea how to use them.
My friends all start laughing at me and decide to try and teach me. After many fumbled attempts, eventually I get it down... sort of. I mean, in my own special way I was eating with chopsticks. I still dropped half of what I tried to pick up.
But by the end of the meal I was proud of myself. It was the first time I'd ever finished an entire meal using only chopsticks.
I'm planning on going back there next week just so that I can perfect my chopstickery, but until then I have to settle with normal utensils. Ugh, how boring.
Of course the rest of that day was just as boring as the beginning was. After lunch I go back to school to wait for class to start and, bam, the one day I wanted to go to communications it was canceled. What are the chances?
So we decide to go back across the street and just wander around. I didn't call my mom to pick me up because what's the point? Of course as we decide it's time to go back my mom pulls into the school and sees me coming back. Thank god I had a valid excuse, if I'd skipped class my butt would've been kicked big time. For the record, I never skip. There's no point. DON'T DO DRUGS AND STAY IN SCHOOL.
Or at least one of those two. Who am I to tell you what to do?
Anyway, yesterday was fun, somewhat eventful [I AM THE CHOPSTICK MASTA].
Hopefully next Thursday will be just as enjoyable.

2 comments:

Angela said...

I've always wanted to learn to use chopsticks. I always opt for the easy way out. I must learn!

ketz said...

Surely you enjoy eating with chopsticks. The world of chopsticks is interesting and elegant and well they are indispensable to the oriental culture and millions of Chinese/ Japanese and also Korean people who use it in place of forks and spoons every day!

Personalized chopsticks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...